Family vacations at Mauna Lani
Mauna Lani’s daily complimentary kids club, Holoholo Kids Crew, is driven by curiosity and culture. Tailored to little ones between the ages of 5 and 12, this kids-only club unearths the simple pleasures of the great outdoors through tidepooling, fishing, gardening and more.
Available daily from 9AM – 2PM
Designed for children between the ages of 5 and 12. Ages 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Advanced reservations required, space is limited. Reserve with Pre-Arrival at 855.267.0516
Holoholo Kids Crew
This kids-only club unearths the simple pleasures of the great outdoors through tidepooling, fishing, gardening and more.
- Turtle Talk: Learn about the cultural, biological and ecological significance of the Green sea turtle, also known as honu.
- Kai Spy: Spot the fish, anemones, urchins and more that inhabit the tidepools along the Kohala Coast.
- Hō’ola: Visit Mauna Lani’s garden, Hō’ola, to pick māmaki plants and brew your own tea.
- Holoholo Kai: Cast your line in the tidepools along Mauna Lani’s legendary coastline.
- ‘Upena Kiloi: Practice your throw net skills to catch a foam fish.
- Makahiki Games: Play traditional games of strategy and strength, including Kōnane Checkers, ’Ulu Maika and more.
- I Spy 'Āina: Plot your way from fishponds to the Keiki Pool using pictures.
- Hawaiian Dye Making: Using berries, flowers, leaves and roots, dye cloth using traditional methods.
- ‘Ohe Kapala: Use shapes and symbols to create a stamp for printing cards.
- Lau Printing: Create your own masterpiece from the leaves of native plants.
- Holomoana: Craft a voyaging canoe out of recycled materials, sailing it across the Keiki Pool.
- Discover Green Sand: Sculpt shapes, animals, castles, bridges and more from sand.
- Hala Brush Painting: Capture the beauty of your surroundings with hala brushes and paint.
- Watercolor Painting: Recreate scenes of the garden and the ocean with watercolor paints.
- Lupe: Make and fly a kite.
- Kalo: Recreate your own artistic rendition of the kalo plant.
- Ke Kā o Makaliʻi: Explore the origins and meaning of Makali’i, a constellation consisting of five stars that resemble a canoe-bailer.
- Mele Helu Pō: Record the phases of the moon and the Hawaiian chants that correspond with them in your personal moon journal.
- ‘Olelo Hawai’i: Practice the Hawaiian language by using memorization games.
- Petroglyphs: Tell your story using symbols, similar to the ways in which ancient Hawaiians shared stories through etchings on lava rock.
- Mānaiakalani: Learn the story of constellation Mānaiakalani, also known as “The Chief’s Fishline.”
- ʻIliʻili and Kā Laʻau Water Cycle: Chant the water cycle in Hawaiian.
Seasonal Experiences with Holoholo
Activities for the Whole Family
Experience More | 5th Night on Us + One-Time Credit
Create your own adventure with one-time resort credits ranging from $200 to $500 based on room category and every fifth night on us. Call 866.991.0132 or book online.
Exclusive Kama'aina Rates
Active volcanoes, cascading waterfalls and idyllic beaches are only minutes away at Mauna Lani. Hop over to the Kohala Coast with exclusive Kama'aina rates, complimentary parking and waived resort fees. Call 866.887.0962 to book.
Golden lab, Mika, loves hanging out with Holoholo Mika, Our Four-Legged Host
Make Yourself at Home
Showcasing sweeping ocean views, enhanced service and more than 1,000 square feet to spread out, Mauna Lani’s suites, two-bedroom residences and five-bedroom estate enjoy the comforts of home and more.
Share room service in the spacious living area as you contemplate which adventure best suits the day ahead, and conclude your evening with stargazing on one of two private lanais. Connecting room options available.
Boasting two bedrooms, three bathrooms and a private pool, the Residences at Mauna Lani provide one of the best vantage points of paradise.
This seaside sanctuary sleeps 12 to 15 guests, which is ideal for a family or friend reunion. Hang out by the infinity pool, host a barbecue in the outdoor entertainment space, and cap off the evening with a movie night in the media room.